In Computing we teach the principles of information and computation, how digital systems work, and how to put this knowledge to use through programming. We will build on this knowledge and understanding so that pupils use information technology to create programs, systems and a range of content. We will focus on being safe whilst working in a digital environment and understand the digital footprint we leave. The curriculum will develop pupil’s digital literacy – so that they able to use, and express themselves at a level suitable for the future workplace and as active participants in a digital world
At Bude Primary Infants, pupils are taught to:
- Understand what algorithms are; how they are implemented as programs on digital devices; and that programs execute by following precise and unambiguous instructions
- Create and debug simple programs
- Use logical reasoning to predict the behaviour of simple programs
- Use technology purposefully to create, organise, store, manipulate and retrieve digital content
- Recognise common uses of information technology beyond school
- Use technology safely and respectfully, keeping personal information private; identify where to go for help and support when they have concerns about content or contact on the internet or other online technologies.
Children have regular iPad time in class to enhance their understanding of learning and for research throughout the curriculum.